Sunday 22 January 2012

11. Orecchiette with 'nduja, red onion, tomato and rocket, Bocca Di Lupo, Soho

I cook and eat so much pasta at home that I almost never order it out, on the basis that it is one thing I can actually execute ok.  However I make an exception for this particular dish - my favourite thing on the menu at Bocca Di Lupo.
Super spicy from the 'nduja sausage, but also has the sweetness of red onions and tomato, salty cheese and a touch of green to make you feel virtuous (sort of.)

Other things I love at this restaurant are the beautiful light
and the charming staff.  However I let my idiot friends talk me into ordering Sanguinaccio for dessert, when what I should have had was this custard donut.
But no, idiot me has to rise to the bait.  And just to be clear, even though Sanguinaccio might sound tasty and Italian, and might even look tasty and Italian
it is merely Italian.  Italian for pig's blood and chocolate pate.  Yes.  Tastes as good as it sounds in English...  Next time I'll stick to the custard donut.

Bocca di Lupo, 12 Archer Street, Soho W1 - 0207 734 2223.  Book for a table well in advance, or don't book but expect to wait for a seat at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment