Thursday 12 January 2012

7. Various, at Fitou, Thai

This is the line up from Fitou, the Thai restaurant at the back of Pear-Shaped - p.441.  It's cheap as chips, BYO, and in a residential street by the ever-glamorous Wormwood Scrubs - I guess not a selling point, unless you're visiting...

Fish cakes
Super hot papaya salad

Gaeng penang - hot red coconutty curry with lime leaves and chilli, served with coconut rice

and Pad See Ew - delicious stir fried broad rice noodles with eggs and firm broccoli in a thick soy sauce.
I was telling the guy who runs this place that I love this noodle dish so much, and he just laughed at me and said it was such a straightforward dish (I think implying I was boring, but anyway.)  It is straightforward, but I love the texture combo and the omelette bits immensely.  He said that the staff eat it a lot, but jazz it up with sugar, chilli and this other chilli powder concoction, so I asked him to bring me the sprinkles, and indeed they do jazz it up beautifully (though I'm equally happy with it in its unassuming everyday garb.)

Fitou 1 - 3 Dalgarno Gardens, London W10 5LL

No comments:

Post a Comment